Monday, September 15, 2008

This Is Why I Love the 2008 Panthers



In case you can't read it, that sign being held by SS Chris Harris reads "Steve Smith That Was 4 U!" I have always loved my Panthers, but the way that this year has played out so far, this team has really grown on me and gained my affection. The way they have responded to the "Steve Smith Incident" has been great. They have grown as a football team and they are playing together. Right before the last play defensive play, in which the Panthers stuffed the Bears on a 4th and 1, MLB Jon Beason yelled: "Look into my eyes! I'm going to give it my all for you, do it for me!" This team is about as selfless as they come, and they are only going to be more dangerous once Steve Smith returns. They may not be the most glamorious or talented team in the NFC (that would be Tony Romeo, 2, and the rest of of the Cowboys), but you'd be hard pressed to find a team with more heart, character, and a true "team first" attitude. This is going to be a dangerous team come January if they stay realtively healthy.

No comments: